At PursueCare, we are a technology-enabled and value-based health provider dedicated to revolutionizing addiction treatment and improving access to quality healthcare. We are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Controller to join our team and play a crucial role in managing our accounting department. As a mission-centered organization, our goal is to provide evidence-based addiction treatment for opioids, alcohol, and other substance use disorders through our innovative telehealth platform.
- Prepare and review financial reports to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Conduct monthly audits, analyze data, and report findings to the CFO team.
- Assist in the annual audit process and the preparation of necessary forms and documents.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and conduct technical accounting analysis.
- Ensure timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Collaborate in the design and implementation of account reconciliations.
- Provide financial analysis for health plan contract negotiations, business development efforts, budget, and forecasting.
- Continuously improve processes and internal controls in all managed areas.
- Offer financial, tax, and accounting guidance and oversight to company leadership and key stakeholders.
- Establish a system for managing cost reports.
- Ensure timely completion of external financial statements under US GAAP.
- Manage vendor invoices and accounts payable.
- Manage debt facilities and review compliance reporting as applicable.
- Champion safety measures to create a secure work environment.
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in accounting, business, or business administration.
- Experience with CMA, R Language, SOX, and SAP User.
- Strong problem-solving skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Effective leadership abilities and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Solid critical thinking and judgment for sound decision-making.
- Proficient in budget planning, balance sheets, and month-end close practices.
- Experienced in maintaining and updating general ledgers.
- Collaborative mindset with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in accounting and financial planning for enterprise and multi-state group health care practices strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Work is performed primarily in a remote home office setting, where the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and demonstrate manual dexterity.
- Work includes extended periods of time at a desk and computer screen.
PursueCare brings virtual evidence-based addiction treatment for opioids, alcohol, and other substance use disorders to patients through a smart phone application. PursueCare offers a low-barrier transitional digital addiction treatment program particularly beneficial for those experiencing significant barriers to in-person care. Through the app, patients can access doctors who prescribe Medically-assisted Treatment (“MAT”), counselors and therapists, psychiatric care providers, at-home screening, supporting resources and a pharmacy that can ship medications directly to the patient. We partner with health systems, community health partners, employers, and health plans. Patients can also seek treatment without a referral. We are Joint Commission-accredited and maintain the highest standards for clinical excellence, while continually innovating how care is provided to vulnerable populations. PursueCare is available in Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, and all of New England, with national expansion plans. For more information, visit www.pursuecare.com.
We offer qualifying employees flexible paid time off to allow our team members to properly recharge, competitive pay, bonus opportunities, comprehensive health benefits and a 401K with company contributions. PursueCare is headquartered in Middletown, CT with satellite locations in different regions. We offer work-from-home/remote opportunities for certain positions, based upon being able to meet the core competencies and requirements for the position from a home office. We pledge to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and pay living wages.
PursueCare has immediate need for clinicians licensed in: WV, KY, RI, MA, ME, NJ, OH, PA, VT, CT, NY and NH.